A new perspective

Sunday, October 23, 2005


Higher Education
Forgive the "settling silence" valid busy adapting to college. Aside from my usual writing catharsis I'm here to evil several notions. Along the way, it is certain, that I was drenched my creative median since I am under no duress from any English inclined higher power. So college, an institution that frames your life, gives you the ability to move on with life through certification. The force that can reward and change and enlighten you. Yet, somehow, that same in lightning force cane terrify some. Why is that? Why is college so scary to certain individuals? Unfortunately, I cannot enter that question for I am only one person. Despite what some professors think I am not able to answer for anyone else but me. Why was I afraid of college? Preconceived notions have a lot to do with it. They accompanied the regular and anxieties of moving from a place to another. There was also the realization that I'm living relatively on my own. You're responsible for your daily activities. This service is no longer free nor is it mandated, you must pay suffer. As such the professors expect that the individuals present wished to be there, at least the majority of the time. Now for the denouncing process.
I shall now trying to go through a small list of falsehoods as they relate to higher learning. First, there is the notion that all professors are removed. By this I mean that they do not teach a simply assign work take papers and take your money. So far, for me, this has not been the case. I even had one professor teach us dramatics that are supposedly learned in a middle school. A college professor stood at the front teaching 18 and 19 year olds have to use commas. Needless to say, I was rather surprised. Moreover, he actually condos or informed us that there is the role actual written in rules for the reasons behind commas-this was news to me. For as long as I could remember, teachers only said something like this:, search be placed where ever there are positives in the Senate. This, as I found out, is a rather crappy way of teaching grammar. It just so happens that there are seven weapons to the basic uses of the comma, who knew?!
I shall now chart to impart them to my readers, that is, if I have any
1., search be used when dealing with numbers (1,000,000)
2., search be used in the date preceding the day and coming after the year
everyone knows those two
3. Commas is to be used after a introductory phrase or word
4. Commas is reused to set off a direct quotes (according to Paul,...)
5. Commas are to be used in listing
6. Commas are to be used in connecting independent clauses with a conjunction
7. Commas are to be used to isolate parenthetical material, that is, extra information that is not necessary to convey the idea a sentence
there you have it, if you care, information I could be used many many years ago. College will indeed awaken you to many concepts the rule find for. Some of these concepts will disturb you. Others will enlighten it is up to the individual to comb through all those stimuli and decide what to partake.
Exams are no longer something you do in school to pass the time and give the teachers something very exams are now the meet behind your success or failure. You must learn the information that is presented, take the test and pass or you will fail and waste money. Money should never be wasted especially not now.
Despite living in the college life I still find it a mere necessity to obtain the appropriate certification that supposedly says I know what I say I know. That brings me to another point, in this day in age college is mandatory, not legally but it is permission during my experiences I have gone from being idle till it hurts to lose in my head over the obstacles placed before me. Such is the lane with this particular ride in now that I have lapsed into mine less rambling I will in this edition and go back to expensive suffering
Simply
NLK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home